Sunday, July 27, 2014
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
PBAC Meeting July 24, 2014
Items with expected action:
1. Discussion of Princeton Paper Bike Map project - all
Expected action: Decision taken on what roads around Princeton will be marked as of particular concern for cycling.
2. Planning session: Mayor's Bike Ride Of The Falling Leaves (Oct 26) - all
Expected action: List and delegate responsibilities for logistics and marketing.
Items for discussion:
3. Update on Complete Streets Initiatives on Hamilton Ave and Prospect Ave - Sam
4. Discussion of Complete Streets Improvements on Cherry Valley Road - Deanna
5. Discussion of possibility of acquiring easements for bike path on Snowden Lane - Deanna
6. Update on Princeton Bike Masterplan planning effort- Sam
7. Matters arising from letter in 'Town Topics' RE bike safety and education.
8. All other business
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
- In March, we distributed bike lights and safety information (in both Spanish and English) at the 'Fireflies' ride at Community Park South.
- In April, we distributed safety information at our booth at Princeton Communiversity (see photo above).
- In May, we gave out safety leaflets at the inaugural Princeton
CommuniversityCiclovia. Later in the month, we checked cycle helmets and assisted with skills training for kids with the Princeton police force at the 'Wheels Rodeo'.
- We are putting together a bike map using funds from the Princeton Transit Trust Fund, which will prominently feature safety information.
- We are working with the League of American Bicyclists to organize adult skills training.
Monday, July 14, 2014
During Ciclovia, the streets become temporarily car-free for 5 hours for families to run, walk, skate, ride bikes, enjoy active events along the route, and explore the city streets.