Suggestion box: if you were in charge of locating a new bicycle rack, where
would you situate it ?
- at the shopping center
- near the existing ones at the public library
- inside a covered parking lot
- next to an existing bike rack somewhere
- in the parking lot behind CVS
- near Palmer Square
- on the sidewalk (or on the pavement) on Nassau St.
Please send your suggestion(s) either to me, or to "firstname.lastname@example.org". Thanks.
Techno-trends: The bike light that can reveal potholes: Grid projected onto road can help
cyclists avoid crashes
Engineers from Sichuan University (in China) have designed an LED projector
that can be fitted to bicycles and help cyclists see the road ahead more effectively
at night. Lumigrids projects square grids onto the ground in front of the bike.
As the road surface changes, the grid bends, curves and changes shape to
highlight the potential hazards ahead. Read the entire news article here.