The New Jersey Bike & Walk Coalition (NJBWC), a state-wide advocacy organization, announces
the 2013 New Jersey Bike & Walk Summit, on Saturday, February 23, 2013 in collaboration with
the Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Rutgers University
in New Brunswick.
View, or try to view, cellphone-camera footage of some 2011 presentations, here.
Topics that will be presented at the 2013 NJ Bike & Walk Summit include:
- MAP-21- our nation's new transportation bill, and how your community can benefit from it
- Working with local politicians to achieve bike and pedestrian-focused goals
- Complete Streets implementation in your community
- Pedaling across America- taking a cross-country cycling trip
- Bicycle Friendly America Program and how your community can achieve this designation
- Getting a local bike & ped advocacy group started in your town
- Discussion with several authors of recently published cycling-related histories
- Organizing cyclovias and other bicycling and walking events in your community
- Advocacy for trails users, including cyclists, hikers and equestrians
- Bike shops and advocacy
Registration includes access to all of the day's events, a light breakfast and full lunch. Pre-registration is
available for $50 per attendee at EventBrite. Registration will also be available at the event for $65.
Pre-registration price of $50 ends on Thursday, February 21 at midnight.